Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lunch and Frugality

Ugh, back home from an exhausting day at work. I had terrible sleep, waking up in the middle of the night to scratch my unusually itchy mosquito bites. Bugs and creepy crawlers make up the worst part of summer!

So I thought I'd share with you all what I had for lunch today! I know I said I'd touch on topics like fashion and fitness, but you're probably going to see more posts on food. Yes, I am a Fatty. Well, besides Fashion, Food, Fitness, my Family and doing Fun stuff ... there's another "F" that makes a big part of my life. It is FRUGALITY! It makes sense doesn't it, for an accountant to maintain her books, meet her budget and ensure that money isn't being spent wastefully? Honestly, someone who loves to eat as much as I do should really learn to be frugal. I mean, I've never been a big spender, but I've come to the realization recently, when I took a look at how much money I actually spend on dining out and food purchases, that not only do I spend most of my money on food, but it's not a small chunk! As much as I love fashion, I don't shop for clothing or accessories as much as I do for food.

Having said that, I decided to start bringing lunch to work so that I can save my chump change for indulging on friday nights and/or weekends. I mean, just compare spending as much as $10 for a salad in midtown to making a similar salad yourself for as little as $1! That is $50 worth of store-bought salad vs. $5 of homemade salad over the course of 5 days! Big difference people!

So let us appreciate and admire my money-saving salad! Grilled chicken breast with green peppers, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrots, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinaigrette!

No comments:

Post a Comment