Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gaga for My Pho Ga

NOTHING is better than a lazy day at home ... just lying around, surfing the internet, watching tv or doing absolutely nothing.  Maybe not to that extent, but one has to agree with me that a day free of errands and chores is absolutely fantabulous!  But what if it was a lazy day with an empty fridge ...?  Completely different story right?

One of my favorite dinner picks for a lazy night is chicken noodle soup, or pho ga as I like to call it.  It's as easy as dumping ingredients into a crockpot, turning on the switch and closing the lid ... and just as tasty!  What's better is it cooks faster on the stove-top, perfect for feeding two starving, growling stomachs.  It doesn't require much ingredients, just the basic carrots, onions, ginger, chicken drumsticks, and if you like, some scallions, other veggies, and some salt!  The best part is what I put in last, and I cannot do without it ... sesame oil!

To give him his well-deserved credit: what's pictured here was actually made by my beau, my clumsy, inexperienced sous-chef.  He likes having my pho ga so much, he is hooked on it and has the recipe down pat!  Now if he can do it, YOU can do it!!! lol

Sigh... back to studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment